| || |
Originally posted on Acorn Tops Tumblr: On Fairy Wings and Acorn Hats
Acorn Tops Fairy Gardens
Warning: Choking hazard. Gardens contain small stones and other accessories. These should be kept out of reach of small children.
• Your new fairy garden can be placed in full sun (6 or more hours of direct sunlight) or partial shade (4-6 hours of sunlight). Just remember, the more sun, the more often you will need to water.
• Fairy gardens should be watered as the topsoil approaches dryness. Check daily, as gardens in terracotta pots tend to dry more quickly.
• The frequency of watering will depend on the size of the fairy garden and the exposure.
• Water softly with a watering can, water only plant area. Sand can be spritzed to hold in place.
• Maintain the fairy garden by removing spent flowers or damaged leaves. The fairies will thank you.
• Prune during the summer months to maintain compact growth.
• Do not leave fairy garden out in freezing temperatures.