A bit about the bookmark...
- Scent- orange rose (the former for the love interest, Arthur Hastings, and the latter for Marigold's friends)
- Fabric- brown with gold speckles (represents Marigold's resiliency, as seen when her awful aunt orders her to only wear brown and she turns that order on it's head)
- Charm- copper key (the "fairy" key Marigold's father gives her in the beginning of the story, telling her it "shall unlock any conundrums you may encounter")
- Button- green flower (Marigold's eyes and the wedding ring)
- Ribbon- light pink (Marigold's friend gives her a light pink ribbon for her "fairy" key)
Before long Lady Marigold is persuaded that the gallant Major Arthur Hastings is the man of her dreams. But, as he is due to leave for India, she dares not trust that his intentions are serious. Even with the assistance of loyal friends, it will take all of Lady Marigold's courage and wit to challenge convention for the right to choose her own future before there can be a happy ever after.
Set in the gloomy year of 1816, this sultry drama of challenge and change, is a Cinderella-story that blends factual history and philosophy with satire and an appreciation of the ridiculous.
Oaths of Affection is the first of the epic Regency Tales by writer Maria Yrsa Rönneus. Transporting you across the centuries into a world of love and jealousy, friendship and deceit, the Tales span the years following the horrendous battle of Waterloo against a backdrop of political tensions, societal pressure, and the opulence of the British aristocracy.